Saturday 26 March 2011

Spring is springing

Can't seem to stay away from the Lakes as a subject, hardly likely to get me any brownie points in the serious Contemporary Art world but do I care! I think the fact that when I first started to paint I saw myself as a painter of the Lakes, it was a great draw to me absolutely fell in love with the place. Despite having been brought up in the Pennines near Appleby I only remember ever going to the Lakes once with my family. It wasn't until I was 17 three years after we had moved to Penrith area that I truly discovered the Lakes and Ullswater in particular. So many times people live surrouded by great beauty but fail to see it, not always allowing themselves time to really soak up the granduer of Nature.

This is Crummock looking toward Buttermere

This ones not in the Lakes but could be! its in Derbyshire just to remind you that the miracle of Nature will take us from bare branches to this in about three/four months.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment