Wednesday 16 March 2011

Making progress

I have really just got down to hard work since the Monday after show opened. I like to think I am making progress and getting looser with application. As ever its a tricky balance between making this an object in its own right and describing what is there. Of one thing I do feel sure about is that it is the Landscape that draws me in and seems to take over as though there is some deeper dialogue going on between what I paint and my feelings about the world, life, freinds, family and conversations. I love the unpreachiness of it, the timeless quality the deep felt mood in conjours up in us and the memories it can stir. Took me twenty years to get right back to where I started Landscape! ain't Life funny.    

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting what you say about the "deeper dialogue" that develops as you paint. This landscape feels deep, in just the way you describe. It's also reproduced amazingly well here.

    ReplyDelete