Sunday 17 April 2011

A journey


This is a recent oil Daffs and Damson Blossom. Not sure where I going or what I am doing.
Sometimes I want to tighten up then I think it ends up looking cliche stayed not alive, then sometimes it feels to loose to abstract and formuliac if I get to wild. I guess I am trying to find a balance between what is represented and making something unique and beautiful in its own right. Think I need to go out and get wild again but maybe not arrgh such dilema. It is very hard to push forward and create rather than reproduce. 
Don't want to reproduce I want to create and you know what it is really really difficult to keep pushing forward and become all you can be.   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colin

    I know how you feel, trying to get the balance right is so difficult. I'm trying at the moment with varying results. Good luck, and congratulations on the solo show at Jack Sevens.
    Best wishes
    Paul Hirst

    ReplyDelete